testing site for future improvements
As a daughter, I’ve always tried to come up with something to do for my mom that she would enjoy. Somehow though with all the spring activities, this day creeps up to me and then I’m found to be scrambling for ideas. If you are still looking for some things to do, check out this list and hopefully it will help you give your wife or mom a lovely day.
A trip to a winery is always a great treat. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Breaux Vineyards is hosting “Moms and Macaroons on Sunday. Wine pairings with 4 different macaroons are held hourly. https://www.breauxvineyards.com/events/moms-and-macarons/
- Enjoy a garden party at the Stables in Bluemont Vineyard. Make your own flower bouquet from Firefly Flower Farm and if the weather holds up you can play lawn games like corn hole or jenga. https://www.bluemontvineyard.com/events-calendar/mothers-day-stable-bluemont-vineyard
- MomosaBar for Mother’s Day at Greenhill Winery and Vineyards https://www.facebook.com/events/828010690899597/
- Treat mom to a private photo shoot at Winery 32!
If your mom is a beer drinker, here are a couple options:
5. Your mom might enjoy the views at Harpers Ferry Brewing on Sunday. Not only do you have great river views but their singer on Mothers Day, Mark Cullinane isn’t so bad to look at either! https://www.facebook.com/pg/HarpersFerryBrewing/events/?ref=page_internal
6. Dirt Farm is always a favorite too and this weekend they have their Strawberry Wheat Release that sounds yummy!! http://dirtfarmbrewing.com
7. Celebrate Mom at Old 690 Brewery! Homegrown Foodies Food Truck will be here serving up their farm to table creations from Noon – 5:00 PM. https://www.facebook.com/events/325252414857892/
Brunch, Lunch or Dinner!
8. The restaurant at Patowmack Farm is always a favorite, but you need to make reservations as they may be booked. For a farm fresh dining experience, this will sure to be a big hit. https://www.patowmackfarm.com/
9. Another pick could be the Grandale Vintners Table on Harpers Ferry Road. Enjoy a stress free day drinking wine slushies and eating tasty food from the Grill at 868! Bring the kids and dogs as well! https://www.grandalerestaurant.com/events/
10. For an award winning romantic country inn with phenomenal views, the Goodstone Inn in Middleburg is a winner. Brunch requires reservations but dinner does not. http://www.goodstone.com/
11. Lansdowne Resort https://www.lansdowneresort.com/events/mothers-day?utm_source=VisitLoudoun&utm_medium=Event&utm_campaign=MothersDay&utm_content=Event
12. Tuscarora Mill is one of my personal favorites – you probably need a reservation to get a table though www.tuskies.com
13. Magnolia’s at the Mill is also an excellent choice https://www.magnoliasmill.com/
14. The Conche is now serving brunc
15. And lastly another favorite is the Blue Ridge Grill
Hope this helps!
This weekend will be a festive one with St Patrick’s day on Saturday. See below for just a few of Loudoun’s festivities. Be safe when driving folks. Don’t drink and drive!
- Camp Salamander Lucky Charms – Something for the kids at the Salamander Resort! If you have the luck of the Irish, find your own pot of gold. Ages 4-10. https://www.salamanderresort.com/play/activities#st-patricks-day
- St Patrick’s Day at Northgate Vineyard – Food specials – www.northgatevineyard.com
- Irish Whiskey and Fare Class – Salamander Resort – https://www.salamanderresort.com/play/event-calendar#irish-whiskey-fare-class
- Mark Cullinane Live in the Tasting Room – Two Twisted Posts Winery – http://www.twotwistedposts.com
- SHAMROCK & ROLL St. Patrick’s Day Block Party – Join Loudoun Station and Blackfinn Ameripub in its first annual SHAMROCK & ROLL St. Patrick’s Day Block Party on Saturday, March 17th from 9am – 9pm. Proceeds to benefit The Loudoun First Responders Foundation. https://www.facebook.com/events/382976465486725/
- St Patrick’s Day Brunch at Shoe’s Cup and Cork – http://www.shoescupandcork.com
- St Patty’s Bash w/ the Lost Locals – http://macdowellsbrewkitchen.com/events/
- St. Patrick’s Day at B Chord Brewing Company – https://www.facebook.com/events/1551545328293779/
- St. Patrick’s Day at Dirt Farm – http://dirtfarmbrewing.com/event/st-pattys-weekend-at-dirt-farm/2018-03-17/
- Yoga, Green Beer and Rock & Roll – https://www.salamanderresort.com/play/activities#st-patricks-day
Have a great Weekend and Be Safe!!!
My first introduction to Savoir Fare Catering was not really an introduction at all, but rather a glimpse in the window of their former restaurant in Round Hill. I would drive by the restaurant every day and think I should go, but my first impression was that it was going to be pricey and not the relaxed homey “Cheers” type atmosphere I felt I wanted close to home. I never went to eat there, but now I’m actually sorry I didn’t take the opportunity.
Recently I was driving through town and noticed a food truck behind the restaurant with a line. I wondered what it was all about and finally stopped in to check it out. Savoir Fare decided to open their food truck on select evenings for take out. But it wasn’t take out like anything I’ve ever had before. This food is gourmet takeout and so scrumptious my mouth waters every time I drive by.
Savoir Fare is open during the winter months and will only be offering this takeout until the end of Feb. I’m going to be trying the shrimp and grits tonight if I get there early enough. Last week I went twice to pick it up and they were sold out each time. I can’t wait to try this so am going to stop in early. Everything I’ve eaten there is wonderful and I’m sorry this is only going to be open through the end of Feb.
I also think my first impression of the restaurant was probably far off base. I wish I had gone when it was open. Savoir Fare is open year round though and is one of the best catering companies around. If you need a caterer, I highly recommend them!
Ok, I’m heading out for my dinner! If you see me there, say hello. I love meeting my neighbors!
Keller Williams Realty
50 Catoctin Circle, NE
Leesburg, VA 20176