July is upon us! If you are wondering where to go to watch Fireworks, here is a complete list. You can even watch fireworks this year on multiple days as many places are celebrating on the 3rd or over the weekend!
- 7/03/2019 – 9:15 p.m., South Riding Community, 43237 Golf View Drive, Chantilly
- 7/03/2019 – 9:30 p.m., Waterford Citizen Association, 40266 Water Street, Waterford
- 7/03/2019 – 9:30 p.m., Lovettsville Community, 57 East Broadway, Lovettsville
- 7/04/2019 – 9:30 p.m., Franklin Park, 17501 Franklin Park Drive, Purcellville
- 7/04/2019 – 9:00 p.m., Lansdowne Resort, 44055 Woodbridge Parkway, Leesburg
- 7/04/2019 – 9:15 p.m., Trump National Golf, 20391 Lowes Island Blvd, Sterling (Private Show)
- 7/04/2019 – 9:30 p.m., Ida Lee, 60 Ida Lee Drive, Leesburg
- 7/04/2019 – 9:00 p.m., Creighton Farms, 22050 Creighton Farms Drive, Aldie (Private Show)
- 7/04/2019 – 9:20 p.m., Middleburg Community, 500 North Penddleton Street, Middleburg
- 7/05/2019 – 9:30 p.m., Ashburn Village HOA, 44078 Cheltenham Circle, Ashburn
- 7/06/2019 – 9:00 p.m., Lansdowne Resort, 44055 Woodbridge Parkway, Leesburg
- 7/06/2019 – 9:15 p.m., Greene Mill Preserve HOA, 41192 Black Branch Parkway, Leesburg (Private Show)
If you plan to do your own fireworks this year, check out the allowable and approved fireworks list, here.
For approved fireworks stands, check out the locations here
Be safe if you are doing your own fireworks and if you can let your neighbors know you are lighting fireworks, I’m sure they would appreciate it. Many animals are afraid and giving the neighbors some notice so they can appropriately care for their pets.
Enjoy yourself and Have a Happy 4th of July!!
As a daughter, I’ve always tried to come up with something to do for my mom that she would enjoy. Somehow though with all the spring activities, this day creeps up to me and then I’m found to be scrambling for ideas. If you are still looking for some things to do, check out this list and hopefully it will help you give your wife or mom a lovely day.
A trip to a winery is always a great treat. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Breaux Vineyards is hosting “Moms and Macaroons on Sunday. Wine pairings with 4 different macaroons are held hourly. https://www.breauxvineyards.com/events/moms-and-macarons/
- Enjoy a garden party at the Stables in Bluemont Vineyard. Make your own flower bouquet from Firefly Flower Farm and if the weather holds up you can play lawn games like corn hole or jenga. https://www.bluemontvineyard.com/events-calendar/mothers-day-stable-bluemont-vineyard
- MomosaBar for Mother’s Day at Greenhill Winery and Vineyards https://www.facebook.com/events/828010690899597/
- Treat mom to a private photo shoot at Winery 32!
If your mom is a beer drinker, here are a couple options:
5. Your mom might enjoy the views at Harpers Ferry Brewing on Sunday. Not only do you have great river views but their singer on Mothers Day, Mark Cullinane isn’t so bad to look at either! https://www.facebook.com/pg/HarpersFerryBrewing/events/?ref=page_internal
6. Dirt Farm is always a favorite too and this weekend they have their Strawberry Wheat Release that sounds yummy!! http://dirtfarmbrewing.com
7. Celebrate Mom at Old 690 Brewery! Homegrown Foodies Food Truck will be here serving up their farm to table creations from Noon – 5:00 PM. https://www.facebook.com/events/325252414857892/
Brunch, Lunch or Dinner!
8. The restaurant at Patowmack Farm is always a favorite, but you need to make reservations as they may be booked. For a farm fresh dining experience, this will sure to be a big hit. https://www.patowmackfarm.com/
9. Another pick could be the Grandale Vintners Table on Harpers Ferry Road. Enjoy a stress free day drinking wine slushies and eating tasty food from the Grill at 868! Bring the kids and dogs as well! https://www.grandalerestaurant.com/events/
10. For an award winning romantic country inn with phenomenal views, the Goodstone Inn in Middleburg is a winner. Brunch requires reservations but dinner does not. http://www.goodstone.com/
11. Lansdowne Resort https://www.lansdowneresort.com/events/mothers-day?utm_source=VisitLoudoun&utm_medium=Event&utm_campaign=MothersDay&utm_content=Event
12. Tuscarora Mill is one of my personal favorites – you probably need a reservation to get a table though www.tuskies.com
13. Magnolia’s at the Mill is also an excellent choice https://www.magnoliasmill.com/
14. The Conche is now serving brunc
15. And lastly another favorite is the Blue Ridge Grill
Hope this helps!
The sun is coming back just in time to wrap up the Loudoun County Fair events and for the weekend. Lots of great things to do outside like the continuation of a couple summer concert series, the Loudoun County Fair and several vineyard events. Check out a few things below and follow us at Instagram for all things Loudoun! www.instagram.com/lookatloudoun.
Look at Loudoun Brings you the Latest Events:
Weekend of July 20-22nd, 2018
Look at Loudoun Brings you the Latest Events:
Weekend of July 13-15th, 2018
- July 13th— Happy Hour from 4-7pm at Old 690. Head up to Music in the Gap in Hillsboro for their summer music series
- July 13th—Friday Steak Dinner @ Creek’s Edge Winery: http://www.creeksedgewinery.com
- July 13th—Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort in Middleburg. Playing “ Descendants 2”
- July 13th—Chris Timbers at Vanish Brewery 5pm
- July 14th—Crooked Run 5 Year Anniversary Party Live music by Kid Brother and more! 11:30am to 11:30pm in both the Sterling and Leesburg locations
- July 14th—Taquiera Garcias Food Truck at Old 690
- July 14th—Morning Yoga at Vanish Brewery @ 10am
- July 14th—Crab Feast at Tarara Winery: http://www.tarara.com/CrabFeast
- July 14th—9th Annual Summer Block Party at the Village of Leesburg: https://villageatleesburg.com/event/9th-annual-summer-block-party/
- July 14th—Yoga in the Vines Monthly—The Wine Reserve at Waterford: https://www.facebook.com/events/851836078333401/
- July 15th—Vinyasa Yoga and Wine at Greenhill Winery in Middleburg
Follow Us At:
This weekend will be a festive one with St Patrick’s day on Saturday. See below for just a few of Loudoun’s festivities. Be safe when driving folks. Don’t drink and drive!
Have a great Weekend and Be Safe!!!