If you are like most first time home buyers, you’ve probably heard that owning a home is the American dream and you’ve also probably been encouraged to buy a home. But you may still have some lingering doubts about making the leap into home ownership. Having reservations is completely normal. Here are 6 reasons why you should own a home.
- Nothing compares to the pride of owning your home. You can make it your own. Paint it any way you want, get a dog or two and a cat if you want without a landlord telling you can’t have a pet. It also can give you a sense of security in that you don’t have to move. This is your home and you can stay as long as you like.
- There are still tax benefits to owning a home
- If your home is in a good location and in good condition, most of time you will recognize appreciation that you won’t get with renting
- You will build equity in your home over time
- You’ll be able to lay down roots. Create a home where your family can grow up, create lifelong friends and connect with your community
- Educational Benefits – Research shows that children of homeowners earn higher test scores and graduate at a higher percentage than those of renters
If you are thinking of buying a home, Call me! I will help you through the process to owning your first or next home!