As a daughter, I’ve always tried to come up with something to do for my mom that she would enjoy. Somehow though with all the spring activities, this day creeps up to me and then I’m found to be scrambling for ideas. If you are still looking for some things to do, check out this list and hopefully it will help you give your wife or mom a lovely day.
A trip to a winery is always a great treat. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Breaux Vineyards is hosting “Moms and Macaroons on Sunday. Wine pairings with 4 different macaroons are held hourly. https://www.breauxvineyards.com/events/moms-and-macarons/
- Enjoy a garden party at the Stables in Bluemont Vineyard. Make your own flower bouquet from Firefly Flower Farm and if the weather holds up you can play lawn games like corn hole or jenga. https://www.bluemontvineyard.com/events-calendar/mothers-day-stable-bluemont-vineyard
- MomosaBar for Mother’s Day at Greenhill Winery and Vineyards https://www.facebook.com/events/828010690899597/
- Treat mom to a private photo shoot at Winery 32!
If your mom is a beer drinker, here are a couple options:
5. Your mom might enjoy the views at Harpers Ferry Brewing on Sunday. Not only do you have great river views but their singer on Mothers Day, Mark Cullinane isn’t so bad to look at either! https://www.facebook.com/pg/HarpersFerryBrewing/events/?ref=page_internal
6. Dirt Farm is always a favorite too and this weekend they have their Strawberry Wheat Release that sounds yummy!! http://dirtfarmbrewing.com
7. Celebrate Mom at Old 690 Brewery! Homegrown Foodies Food Truck will be here serving up their farm to table creations from Noon – 5:00 PM. https://www.facebook.com/events/325252414857892/
Brunch, Lunch or Dinner!
8. The restaurant at Patowmack Farm is always a favorite, but you need to make reservations as they may be booked. For a farm fresh dining experience, this will sure to be a big hit. https://www.patowmackfarm.com/
9. Another pick could be the Grandale Vintners Table on Harpers Ferry Road. Enjoy a stress free day drinking wine slushies and eating tasty food from the Grill at 868! Bring the kids and dogs as well! https://www.grandalerestaurant.com/events/
10. For an award winning romantic country inn with phenomenal views, the Goodstone Inn in Middleburg is a winner. Brunch requires reservations but dinner does not. http://www.goodstone.com/
11. Lansdowne Resort https://www.lansdowneresort.com/events/mothers-day?utm_source=VisitLoudoun&utm_medium=Event&utm_campaign=MothersDay&utm_content=Event
12. Tuscarora Mill is one of my personal favorites – you probably need a reservation to get a table though www.tuskies.com
13. Magnolia’s at the Mill is also an excellent choice https://www.magnoliasmill.com/
14. The Conche is now serving brunc
15. And lastly another favorite is the Blue Ridge Grill
Hope this helps!